Friday, March 05, 2010

Embracing yourself for the tough questions

The economic turmoil is far from having fully recovered. Company's management team will look into all aspect to strengthen their stake in the market share pie that they have and also looks for way to expand it. At the same time, they will also be looking for ways to reduce operating costs.

I found some tough questions that I need to address when I attend meetings on operating costs reduction. Below are some of it and I am about to share it with you. See if you face the same problem in your environment and are you addressing it. If you have some good answers, do share it with me

1. Reduction of development team size meant they have less time to address most of the minor bugs. They will only fix the major bugs. As for the rest of the bugs, you may work hard to find the bug, but development team is not going to do much about it. What can the quality team do about this?

2. What does the software tester thinks is best for the quality of the product, agile or waterfall?

3. Is exploratory test better or scripted test better? How can you be sure?

Well I find different people have different argument or thought about this. Do share what you have in mind with me. 

~~ Show me the data.

No comments: